Note that due to form customization options and different versions of the Cobalt Product, you may not have all the fields/options listed below.
Dues Cycle: Entity DefinitionMEMBERSHIP --- DUES CYCLES
- Name - Name of the cycle.
- Billing Year - Specifies the billing year for the dues cycle.
- Status - Status of the dues cycle. When creating a new dues cycle, this will auto-populate to Active
- Default - One dues cycle must be the default for the system to evaluate dues properly.
- Hide Orders on Portal - If set to yes, this dues cycle will not be displayed on the portal. This is the same as setting Publish to Portal = No on other records.
These fields determine the duration of the membership that is updated as part of the membership renewal process.
- Duration Type - This can either be dated or termed. Dated indicates that the expiration is fixed (e.g. December 31st of each year). Termed indicates that the expiration date will be set X years/months/weeks/days from the creation of the membership.
- Begin Date - The date the cycle will begin.
- End Date - The date the schedule will end.
- Term - Numeric value for the term
- Term Units - Length value for the term (Years, Months, Weeks, Days)
- For example, if you want the membership to be 12 months, you would enter 12 for term and select Months for term unit.
REVENUE RECOGNITION (COBALT 3.4+)
- Schedule - Monthly or Quarterly. The number of records will vary based on the duration of the cycle.
- Even Split on Remaining Schedule --Split the amount paid over the remaining time in the duration. For example, if a person pays halfway through a year dues cycle, then 6 revenue recognition records will be generated for the amount due to be recognized over the next 6 months.
- Upfront - Split the amount paid over the entire recognition duration and immediately recognize past record. For example, if a person pays halfway through a year dues cycle, then 12 revenue recognition records are generated and the first 6 months are recognized immediately as the "date recognized" will be in the past with 6 months remaining.
- Tool Bar to create and/or view Dues Schedules associated with the Dues Cycle. For more information about Dues Schedules click here.