Dues Item: Entity Definition
MEMBERSHIP --- DUES CYCLE --- SELECT DUES CYCLE --- DUES ITEMS
In CAMS, the indicator that a member has to renew his/her dues is the presence of a pending Dues Item. The Dues Item contains the information for renewing that membership. Dues Items are created as a result of running the Dues Generation wizard. For more information about running dues, click here. For instructions on dues setup, click here.
- Membership - The membership that this dues item will renew.
- Dues Cycle - The dues cycle for this dues item.
- Dues Option - The dues option for this dues item (Ex: 1 year renewal, 2 year renewal, etc.)
- Billing Year - The billing year for the Dues Cycle.
- Order - A lookup to the order for this dues item.
- Date Paid - The date this dues item was paid. This field will automatically be set when the order for this dues item is fulfilled.
- Pricing Stage - Indicates whether this dues item has been given a late fee or reinstatement fee. This field will automatically be set to Standard when the dues item is generated, indicating that neither a late fee nor a reimbursement fee has been applied to the dues item.
- Pricing Strategy Date - The date the pricing strategy was set on the Dues Product.
- Payment Plan Option - If the member has a recurring payment plan, this lookup will be populated.
This information will be copied from the parent Dues Cycle if you select yes in the pop up window that comes up when you create the Dues Item.
- Duration Type - This can either be dated or termed. Dated indicates that the expiration is fixed (e.g. December 31st of each year). Termed indicates that the expiration date will be set X years/months/weeks/days from the current expiration date of the membership.
- Begin Date - The date the cycle will begin.
- End Date - The date the schedule will end.
- Term & Term Units - These 2 fields mus be filled out if the duration type is termed. The combination of these fields determines the variable expiration date. If you want the membership to be 12 months, you would enter 12 for term and select Months for term unit. Note that the options for term unit are Years, Months, Weeks and Days.