Class: Entity Definition
- Course - A lookup to the associated Course that this particular Class falls under.
- Name - The name of the Class. This is what attendees will see on the portal.
- Class Begin Date - The date and time that the Class will begin.
- Class End Date - The date and time that the Class will end.
- Full Day - If Yes is selected, the times for Begin Date and End Date will not display on the portal.
- Delivery Method - A dropdown picklist for how the Class will be taught.
- Location - A lookup to Class Locations.
- Form - A lookup to a custom form with additional questions to be answered as part of the registration process.
- Meeting - A lookup to any Meeting associated with this Class.
- Staff Contact - A staff contact that can be reached surrounding the class. This field contains a lookup to users.
- Order Source - Set this to Default Class in order for portal users to pay for Classes from the My Orders page.
- Eligible for One Click Registration - Yes or No. This enables $0.00 classes to be registered for with one click as it skips the payment processor part of the registration process. Do not set to Yes for classes requiring a registration fee or custom form responses.
- Revenue Recognition - If you plan to recognize the revenue recognition on a specific date and not as payments come in, set the date to recognize in this field.
- Description - When creating a class, the course description will automatically populate into the class description. However, a staff member can change the description to be class specific or remove the description all together.
INSTRUCTORS - Look up bar allows you to view, update and create Instructor records associated with the class.
- Begin Date - The date and time that online registration will begin for the Class.
- End Date - The date and time that online registration will end for the Class.
- Publish to Portal - If Yes is selected, this class will display on the portal. If No is selected, it will not.
- Registration Template - A lookup to email template to use during online registration for the Class. If you set a template here then the email will be sent as soon as the class registration is submitted.
MAXIMUM CAPACITY & WAITLIST
- Max Attendance - The maximum number of Class Registrations allowed for the Class.
- Allow Waitlist - A radio button to distinguish if the Class will maintain a waitlist.
- Auto Promotion Cutoff - After this date, registrants will not be moved from the waitlist and into the class without using the Manage Waitlist wizard.
REGISTRATION FEES - Look up bar allows you to view, update and create registration fees records associated with the class.
- Current Registrations - This field auto populates from your registration records to show you how many people are registered for the class.
- Current Waitlist - This field auto populates from your registration records to show you how many people are on the wait list for the class.
- Registration Toolbar - Once the class is saved you can add registrations and/or view registration information for individual contacts.
- Outside Provider - Select yes if another provider is offering or running the class.
- Message - In the alert box on the portal, a message will appear saying Offered by Another Provider. After that sentence, a staff member can provide more details in the alert box, if desired.
- Link - This field is where the staff user can specify a website to the outside provider or a website to something that may be pertinent to the class. Clicking on the More Information button on the portal will open the website specified in this field.
This is what the alert box would look like on the portal, if the Outside Provider field were set to Yes and a link and message were provided: