Publication: Entity Definition
ADVANCED FIND - LOOK FOR PUBLICATIONS - CLICK RESULTS - SELECT NEW
CAMS offers the functionality to sell publications to contacts.
- Name - The name of the publication.
- Type - Indicates whether this publication is available by print, e-mail, or web.
- Termed - Set to yes if this publication renews on a termed basis.
- Term & Term Units - These 2 fields must be filled out if termed = yes. The combination of these fields determines the variable expiration date. If you want the subscription to be 12 months, you would enter 12 for term and select Months for term unit. Note that the options for term unit are Years, Months, Weeks and Days.
- Publish To Portal - Set to yes if this publication should be available for purchase via the portal.
- Portal Receipt E-mail Template - The template in this field will be sent to anyone who purchases the publication through the portal.
- Portal Receipt Report - The report in this field will be sent along with the Portal Receipt E-mail.
- Even Split on Remaining Schedule --Split the amount paid over the remaining about of time in the duration. For example, if a person pays halfway through a year dues cycle, then 6 revenue recognition records will be generated for the amount due to be recognized over the next 6 months.
- Upfront - Split the amount paid over the entire recognition duration and immediately recognize past record. For example, if a person pays halfway through a year dues cycle, then 12 revenue recognition records are generated and the first 6 months are recognized immediately as the "date recognized" will be in the past with 6 months remaining.
- Schedule - Monthly or Quarterly. The number of records will vary based on the duration of the Term.
- Description - A description of the publication.
- Toolbar to view and/or create a fee associated with the publication.
- Toolbar to view and/or create subscriptions associated with the publication.