Membership Applications can be submitted in one of two ways:
- Through CRM using the Membership Application Wizard on the Contact's record, or
- Through the online portal.
The following takes place in CRM during and after the application process:
- Upon launching the application process, a membership application record is created with a status of Active: Working.
- When the applicant accepts the terms and conditions, the membership application status changes to Active: Submitted. A membership record is created with a status of Active: Pending.
- When the applicant completes the application process (usually by submitting payment), the status changes to Active: Completed. The membership record status changes to Active: Active. (Unless other requirements are set up--these will have to be met before the application completes and the membership is activated).
- Usually, an order will be automatically generated for the membership. This occurs for one of two reasons:
- The Membership Application Fee has a product linked to it, and/or
- The Membership Application Fee has a dues option linked to it, and that dues option is related to a dues product.
- If either of these scenarios are met, the Membership Application Wizard and portal will prompt for payment. If the user pays by check, the order will have a status of Active:New until the payment for the check can be processed. If the user pays by credit card, the order will have a status of Fulfilled:Complete and an invoice with a status of Paid:Complete.
- A payment for the amount paid will be tied to the invoice. As with the creation of all invoices, GL Account Entries and batch items will be created.
Note: If Auto-Generate AR for Membership Applications = True on the Settings record, an order and an invoice will be created as part of step 2 instead of step 4.