- Open the Dues Cycle for which you wish to generate dues.
- Click on the Generate Dues Wizard in the ribbon tool bar under the More Commands Button
- The wizard will lead you through the dues generation process. The wizard will also check to make sure that:
- Every membership defined by the Master Query meets the criteria for one, and only one, Dues Schedule.
- Each Dues Schedule has a default Dues Option.
- Each Dues Option has Dues Products.
- All members defined by the Dues Schedule Query are eligible for membership renewal.
- The wizard will:
- Create a pending Dues Item for each membership that falls into that Dues Cycle
- Create an order for the Dues Products connected to the Dues Item.
- Calculate dues prorations if the Pricing Strategy on the Dues Product is Tabular, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Quarterly.
Add Late and/or Reinstatement Fees
Membership Dynamics gives you the option to apply late and reinstatement fees to unpaid Dues Items at your discretion. To do this:
- Ensure that the Late Fee and/or Reinstatement Fee fields on the Dues Schedule are set.
- Open the Dues Cycle for which you wish to create late and/or reinstatement fees.
- In the ribbon, click Run Workflow. Two workflows should appear: Terminate Memberships or Apply Dues Late Fees.
- Select the desired workflow and click OK.
The Terminate Memberships workflow will:
- Change the Pricing Stage field on the Dues Item to Reinstatement Fee Applied.
- Add the Reinstatement Fee product set on the Dues Schedule to the order for the Dues item.
- Change the membership status to Inactive: Terminated.
The Apply Dues Late Fees workflow will:
- Change the Pricing Stage field on the Dues Item to Late Fee Applied.
- Add the Late Fee product set on the Dues Schedule to the order for the Dues item.
When a Member Pays Dues
- The Dues Item status changes from Active:Pending to Active:Active. If the member already has an active Dues Item, that Dues Item becomes inactive.
- The Date Paid field is set. If the Dues Item is termed, as opposed to dated, the begin date is set as well.
- The order for the Dues Products becomes Fulfilled: Complete.
- The membership record Last Renew Date field is set to the date paid and the Expiration Date is updated to the end of the new Dues Cycle.