It appears that the newest release of Chrome (version 37), which was released in the last week of August 2014, is causing issues with certain areas of CRM 2011 and 2013 (some listed below).
Issues Identified to Date:
- Export to Excel is not working
- System settings are not saved
- Form editor doesn't accept the changes
- When you try to add an existing entity to a solution it crashes.
- Try to an export a solution nothing happens.
- Issue discussed and Google's feedback: http://blog.chromium.org/2014/07/disabling-showmodaldialog.html -
- Describes a possible work around: http://blog.chromium.org/2014/07/disabling-showmodaldialog.html
“In order to give these sites more time to update, we have added a temporary Enterprise Policy setting to re-enable showModalDialog (see below or follow link). In May 2015 this setting will be removed and showModalDialog will be completely removed from Chromium.”
- Why Microsoft was not aware of this issue: http://www.crmanswers.net/2014/09/the-browser-compatibility-cake-is-lie.html