The meeting registration wizard is available both in CRM and on the portal. While the display is different, the function is mostly the same. This allows customers to register without contacting your staff, and allows staff to move through the process with the same easy to follow steps if they are contacted. The example below will take you through the wizard on the CRM side with notes about any important differences for the portal process.
1. From the Contact record select the Meeting Registration wizard from the drop down menu in the more options button.
2. Select the meeting from the list of upcoming meetings.
This step is not required on the portal since the registration process there is started from the meeting record.
If your meeting does not display then check the registration dates on the meeting record and make sure today's date is within the registration window. Also check the registration fees to make sure that today's date falls between the start and end dates on the registration fee record.
3. The meeting details page allows you to view information about the meeting that is displayed on the portal. Click Register now.
On the Portal customers select the meeting from the calendar or the upcoming meetings list and click Register on the meeting details page. So this is the step where the portal process begins. The prior steps are not required on the portal.
4. If the meeting allows group registration you can select one of the 3 options and click Continue.
- I am registering myself only---This takes you through the process to create a single meeting registration record for the contact.
- I would like to register myself and others.---This takes you through the process to create a meeting registration for the contact and then to create additional meeting registrations for other contacts in the system.
- I do not want to register for the event but I would like to register others. --- This allows you to skip registration for the contact and create meeting registrations for other contacts in the system.
5. Select a registration fee and click continue.
If you do not allow group registration then this will be the first page after the customer click "Register Now". This page will appear even if there is only one fee available.
***You may have some fees that are set to "Display on Portal = No". These fees will not show up in the portal process, but they will appear in meeting registration wizard in CRM as long as the fee dates are current.
6. If you have forms set up for the meeting, questions will appear as you have designed on your forms. Click continue.
7. If the meeting allows attendees to bring guests they are able to add guest registrations.
If there are registrations ad the number and click continue. If the attendee does not wish to bring a guest you can click continue.
If there are no guest registration fees set up this page will not appear.
8. If the meeting has classes or activities that attendees can sign up for, select them and click continue.
If there aren't any classes or activities then the page won't appear. If the attendee does not want to sign up for any additional activities or classes simply click continue to proceed to the next section.
If the activity or class allows for guest attendance you will also see your guests in the list and can register them for these additional functions here.
8.1. If there are forms related to the activity or class, then they will appear. Fill out required information and click continue.
If there are no forms or the attendee does not select any additional activities or classes then they will go right to the next step.
9. View the registration summary to confirm that all the entered information is correct and click Continue.
10. If you are registering multiple people you will be prompted to add the next attendee at this time. If you are finished entering attendees you can click Submit Registration and Pay.
When you click add attendee the wizard goes through all the steps from the select registration fee on for each new person.