If you are frequently looking to related records and don't want to navigate through menu tiles you can set up a subgrid on the entity form that allows you to see a list of those related records. For example, if you want to quickly view the orders related to an Account you can use the menu tiles to navigate to the related order records or you can create a subgrid on the Account form that shows you a list of orders. You can customize the system to show the subgrids you need.
Navigate to your Organization's Unmanaged Solution (if applicable) or Navigate to Customizations
Use the menu tiles to get from Settings to Solutions and open your unmanaged solution.
Use the menu tile to go from Settings to Customizations and select Customize the System. Or you can click the Form Editor from the entity you want to change. ***Note that in future rollouts changes made in customization or the form editor may be rolled over.
You can add a section for subgrids by clicking Section (optional)
Set Properties for your subgrid
- Name --- This must be unique so try something like Orders_123 or something that wouldn't be the same anywhere else in the system. This is a system field and won't appear for users.
- Label --- Once you set your entity below you will see this auto populate into a standard display but you can have a custom display name too. This is what will appear on the screen.
- Display Label on Form --- Check to show the Label for the subgrid.
- Records ---- typically you'll want only related records but the system allows you to select all record types.
- Entity --- The entity the list is drawing from so for Class--Class Registrations would be a good entity.
- Default View --- The subgrid provides a list so you can set what view you want the list to come from. (Active/Inactive/All etc)
- Display Search Box --- If you want to be able to search for records in the list without moving through pages add this feature.
- View Selector---should users be able to change the view in the list (just like you do when you click related records) if so which views are available or should the subgrid be just one view. You can customize that here.
**You can even create a new View from the subgrid creator. For steps on creating a custom view click here.