The Product is an item you are selling; therefore, everything for which you charge a fee has to be a product in your system.
Fill Out Required Fields and Save.
- Name - The display name for the product.
- Product ID - A unique identifier for the product, this can be the same as the name or different based on how you organize your products.
- Decimals Supported - How many decimals are supported by your currency. Set this to 2 for US curency.
- Unit Group - Set this to Default Unit
- Primary Unit - Set this to Primary Unit
For additional details about the fields on a Product record click here.
Add a Price List Item to a Product
Once the initial product is saved you'll get a warning letting you know the Default Price list has not been set, ignore this for the moment as you first need to set up the price lists items for this product to tell the system how much to charge. Each Price List Item must be connected to a Price List that is setup to display on the Contact/Account record. So, before you can give a product a price, you must create a price list. Click here for instructions.
On the Product form, click Add Price List (The + Sign in the Price List Item Subgrid)
Fill out required fields and Save.
- Price List - This is a look up to an existing price list in your system.
- Product - A look up to the product associated with the price list. Using these steps this should auto populate for you.
- Unit - Primary Unit
- Quantity Selling Option - No Control (default value)
- Pricing Method - Currency Amount (default value)
- Amount - The actual dollar amount/price you plan to charge.
For information on other fields on the Price List Item, click here.
If your organization uses multiple price lists, and you want people associated with those lists to see this product, you will need to create a Price List Item for each Price List. You can charge the same amount or offer a different price to different price list groups.
Link to a Product GL Account (optional)
If you need the accounting records for this product to be associated with a specific GL Account and not the default, you will create a Product GL account record to make that link.
From the Product Navigate to Product GL Accounts
Click +New to create a new connection. Typically we only see one record per product, but for more information about setting these up click here.
Fill in Required Fields and Click Save and Close.
- Product - A look up to which product this record is associated with. If you follow these steps this should populate automatically.
- Type - This will autofill with the type of GL Account once you select the GL Account.
- GL Account - A lookup field to link the Product GL Account with a GL account.