If you have a Certification Application Requirement for Exam Passed, then you will need to have exams and tests set up in your system to fully automate the process.
1. Navigate to a record where you are prompted for an Exam Type
There are a few ways to do this but the easiest I've found is to navigate to Cobalt Certification > Exams and click +New. Then in the Exam Type field you can actually create the new exam type from the look up.
2. Create an Exam Type Record.
- Name - A unique identifying name for the exam which usually includes the certification type name.
- Program Code -- A unique exam/program code if applicable.
4. Create a new Test Record
- Name -- A unique name identifying the Test
- Test Code -- An additional test code identifier if applicable.
- Order Source -- This field determines the order source if applicable. If none is set the system will use the application order source specified on the settings entity.
- Application Number Auto-Number Definition -- A lookup to the unique auto number process used by the system when generating test applications.
5. From the test record navigate to Test Fees.
6. Add a new Test Fee
- Name -- The unique identifying name for the Test Fee.
- Test -- A lookup to the test associated with the fee. (This should be populated for you.)
- Product -- A lookup to the product you will use to charge for any exam/test related fees.
- Registration Period Begin Date -- The date contacts can begin to register for the exam.
- Registration Period End Date -- The date when registrations will be closed.
- Testing Period Begin Date -- The date contacts who have registered will be able to take the exam.
- Testing Period End Date -- The date contacts who have registered will no longer be able to take the exam.
*You are not required to have registration/testing windows. If you do not complete those fields then a person can log in at any point and register for and then take the exam.