For every organization, maintaining clean and up-to-date data on customers, members, events, and activities, among other things, is important for using your CRM system. Microsoft Dynamics CRM uses duplicate detection to help you achieve this goal.
We've already discussed setting up Duplicate Detection Rules in Duplicate Detection Rules in this article. Now that you've set up your rules, you can use the Duplicate Detection Jobs functionality to create and monitor jobs that will run based off the rules you've created to find any duplicate records within your system.
To navigate to Duplicate Detection Jobs, navigate to Settings > Data Management > Duplicate Detection Jobs.
1) Click Duplicate Detection Jobs to bring up the view of duplicate detection jobs in your system.
2) Click New. This will open up the Duplicate Detection Wizard. Click Next.
3) Select your starting entity in the Look For: box. You can also use this page to further narrow down the records you are checking, but for this example, we will use all contact records in the system.
4) On the following Page, you can set the name of the job your are running. This is automatically set for you, but you can change it to whatever you would like. You can also select a start time and date for the job to run, as well as if you want the job to run automatically after a certain time period.
You can also have the job notify you or other users when it is complete.
5) Click Submit. This will close the window, and you can then monitor the job in the view. Once it's succeeded, open up the job record. From here, you can select the View Duplicates tab to view any duplicate records the system found.