On the portal the wizard can allow end users to edit or cancel a meeting registration and will make the updates to the order, request additional payment, or process the refund. In CRM, these steps need to be completed manually unless you are using the Cobalt 2.10.1 solution. In that solution you have a Cancel Meeting Registration button on the Meeting Registration record (under More Commands ...). That button will follow the same wizard as the portal. If you are not on 2.10.1 then below are the steps for canceling a meeting registration in CRM and how to handle the related orders/payments. *Note that the order of these steps may be modified slightly to achieve the same result.
2. Click Deactivate in the toolbar.
This will deactivate the Meeting Registration record and any related Meeting Activity Records.
*Note that if this is done in error, you can reactivate the meeting registration, but that will not reactivate the activities automatically. You would also need to activate those records.
5. Using the Payment Wizard Unapply the Payment
Follow the steps in the Unapply Some or All of the Payment article. Be sure to cancel the invoice related to the order as that will save you a step later on. If you forget to cancel the invoice you can do so manually later.
6. Return to the Order and Cancel the Order
7. Create a New Order for the Contact with the Cancellation Fee Product
8. Return to the payment you unapplied and Apply Payment to the new order.
Follow the steps in the Apply Payment to an Order/Invoice Article to pay off the cancellation order.
9. There will likely be a remaining unapplied amount that can now be refunded.
Follow the steps in Refund the Unapplied Amount of A Payment to complete the process.