As part of the form designer you can create questions that are both recorded as part of the form response, and map directly to fields in Dynamics 365. This article will focus on creating and customizing these questions.
The mapping will include a connection to the field in CRM for new information as well as From the field to display any information in the form that is already in CRM.
In order to have the mapping connect correctly, you must use the wizard process. Manually creating the mappings from the question mapping record will not longer work as it did in previous Cobalt Versions.
Once you have finalized the mapping click Add Question
The question will appear under your section with mapped Field Name.
To customize the question click Edit.
Customize the question as much as you need to.
- Question Label - Enter the question text to display to end users
- Required - Yes means the customer must provide an answer. No means the customer may leave the question blank
- Hidden - Yes will remove the question from view, No will allow the question to be seen
- Required Message - If the question is required include a validation message to display if the customer tries to continue without answering the question.
- Format - select for a quick fill of formatting validation if desired, Leave as custom to leave blank or to create your own.
- Format Expression - if you want to enforce specific formatting include the Regex here.
- Format Message - Provide users with the required format if they fail to meet it.
Under Advanced Settings
- Match Mapped Entity Field --For use with stand alone forms only. You can set a question to map to an existing record in CRM rather than creating new data. For example if you have a stand alone form and you ask for name, and email address, you can set the email address question to Yes on this field and it will link the form to the existing contact.
- Submitted by Contact Field - For use with stand alone forms only.
- Page Section - By default will be on the first page section but can be adjusted if there are multiple sections
- Question Sort Order - Set the order the questions will display in
Click Save Question
The question text should display under the section identified in the customization.