Apps for online D365 users allow you to customize access to the information users need and limit access to areas they don't. By default Cobalt provides our major categories as unique apps but organizations can design their own as needed to fit business needs. The navigation is different from the traditional D365 interface so we'll cover getting around the apps here.
- The grid on the far left is available to online users to give you access to your other Office 365 applications.
- The Arrow next to Dynamics 365 allows you to select all D365 apps available to your user.
- The additional navigation headings provide you information about which application, categories, and records you are viewing.
On the right side of the permanent toolbar you have your static options that will remain the same regardless of where you are in the system.
- Global Search - You can use this to quickly search records in the system. The entities returned and the fields searched are customizable for the organization.
- Task Flows - If you have task flows created to walk users through specific wizard tasks they can be accessed here.
- Relationship Assistant - D365 attempts to give you useful information based on your data to help you interact with customers look here for updates.
- Quick Create - D365 records can be created with a minimal form and then access later for further addition of details without having to navigate around the system.
- Advanced Find - Create a filtered query anytime from anywhere.
- Settings - Mostly used to set personal options and email templates by users but can have other value to system administrators.
- Help Center - link to your own help center or search Microsoft.
Apps provide additional searching through a left side navigation bar. You can minimize this bar by clicking the three horizontal lines in the top right.
- Home -- This takes you back to the first screen set for your app.
- Recent -- This will provide a running list of recently viewed records, views and dashboards for quick access. You can pin records in the list to keep the available longer term.
- Pinned -- If you pin a recently viewed record it will appear in the Pinned list for quick access.
Below that are the different categories and entities accessible in the app. These are customizable based on the app and users needs and permissions.
Finding related records or additional fields is a little different in the apps. In prior versions you clicked an arrow in the top navigation bar or a left side toolbar. In the apps to find records related to one another you will find options under the header of the record itself.
- Detail display form - often set up to provide most of the information about the record.
- Additional display form - missing some fields you normally expect to see like Description, check the additional form page.
- Specific Relationships - Here you see Registrations listed for a class but D365 allows you to customize frequently used relationships to appear here otherwise you'll see this information under Related.
- Related - The location where all related record types are stored if not displayed elsewhere. For example the class record can have courses, tags, instructors etc.
*Note that like other versions related information can still appear as subgrids on the form but we want to note where to find information if it is not included there.